netoops blog

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Interview with Liam Pitchford after German Open 2013 !

'I Support TTImpossible !'
Liam Pitchford was the revelation of November 2013, two semis-final in U21 and quarter-finalist of the German Open, he beat three World top ranked 
players ! Because of that performances, he became World number 54 on December ranking and he's now the best ranked player in England. 
We hope you will like this interview, and don't forget that Liam supports TTImpossible to follow the latest Table Tennis news !

1. Congratulation for your results in German Open ! Your began the main draw by a incredible victory against Ho Sang Eun !
Is it this victory who motivated you to reach the 1/4?
I don't think it was just this victory, I felt I was playing good at the Polish open.. My results were good but not amazing and then at the German open everything was just working really well and I managed to get the wins.

2. After beating Gao Ning and Kenta Matsudaira in spectacular matchs, you met Timo Boll in the 1/4, you lost him 3-2 two weeks ago, how were before the match?
Yes I lost 3-2 in the Bundesliga but I knew this time it would be a totally different match, he would be better prepared. I was still confident that I could win but in the end he was better.

3. And during the match? Was it stressful to play with 5000 Timo's supporters?
Not really, I've been in that situation a few times before so I was just focused on what I needed to do on the table.

4. What do you think globaly of your results in Berlin? How were you, physically and mentally?
I don't know really, maybe people will take more notice of me but I'm just trying to play the best I can every time I play... Mentally I felt very strong in this tournament which is something I have been working hard to improve. Physically towards the end of the tournament it was tough, the schedule was a bit hard sometimes but it was ok because I was winning.

5. What rubbers and blade do you use?
I use Petr Korbel blade FL with Tenergy 05 both sides.

6. With your club, Ochshenhausen, you are in the best clubs in Germany (maybe the best!) but in Champions League, what are your goals in that competition?
Well we started off quite badly in the Champions League, some injuries have meant that we struggled to perform at our best so we need to win our last 2 matches to progress. It will be tough but not impossible so this is our first aim and then we will see if we make it.

7. Who are you training with each week?
I train in Ochsenhausen, we have a good group of players there. Not just top players but also good young talents. Obviously being around Ryu Seung Min is amazing and you can learn new things from him every day.

8. What are your next goals in Table Tennis? Your world ranking? Your technic?
My goals are not really ranking based, it is obviously nice to have a good world ranking but at the moment I am just focused on working hard to improve so I can get results like these at every tournament I play.

Photos by Stephan Roscher, courtesy of ITTF

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have an opinion or a comment? Post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have an opinion or a comment? Post it here.