netoops blog

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Interview with Thiago Monteiro

For this second day of the year 2013, I managed to have four talk with players such as William Henzell, Romain Lorentz and Pär Gerell, today I publish that Thiago Monteiro, the best Brazilian Player. I thank him for his kindness and wish you all a happy new year 2013!



1. How and when did you start playing Table Tennis?
I started at 5 years old with my father who was a hobby player.

2. Who or what influenced you to play Table Tennis?
My father was my first coach and biggest influence in table tennis and he still is today.

3. What was your first club?
I played at Clube dos Diarios, in Fortaleza, Brazil.

4. What blade and rubbers do you use?
I use Cornilleau Hinotec Off Wood and rubbers are Cornilleau Target Ultim.

5. What was your best world ranking?
My best was 59 in September of 2008.

6. What are your goals with the French club Argentan?
Our goal is to stay in Pro A.

7. What is your next big goal at Table Tennis?
Keep improving and have the best results possible for me and my country.

8. What is the most memorable event of your career?
My participation in my first Olimpic Games, in Athens.

9. What is your favorite player?
There are many I like, such as Waldner, Kong Linghui, Samsonov and nowadays I like to watch a lot Ma Long.

10. That is what you felt when you have won Intercontinental Cup at the last World Cup in England?
That was a good result and that gave me motivation to the play well the next matches at this same World Cup.

11. Have you already started to prepare for the 2016 Olympic Games, which will take place in your country?
Yes, this has become one important goal to me since it was announced that we will host the Games. The preparation has started the next day after the announcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have an opinion or a comment? Post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have an opinion or a comment? Post it here.