netoops blog

Monday 31 December 2012

Interview with Pär Gerell

I had the opportunity to interview a left-handed player number 98 in the world, Pär Gerell, licensed in the French club of Chartres. Thanks to him who has answered all my questions with great interest.




1.     How and when did you start playing Table Tennis?
I was 7 years old and one good friend took me to the table tennis hall and i liked the sport directly..

2.     What was your first club?
My first club was Dänningelanda BTK, in Växjö ,Sweden. I played there until iwas 17 years old, then i changed to Falkenbergs BTK.

3.     What blade and rubbers do you use?
I use STIGA calibra lt on forehand, boost tc on backhand and wood is Rosewood VII.

4.     What is your best world ranking?
I was 34 in 2010.

5.      When and where was it your best match?
I did some really good games with my club last year so i would say against Chuan Chih yuan in ettucup final. Also In China Open 2010 i had matchball against Zhang Jike.

6.      What are your goals this year with the french club Chartres?
I hope that we can defend our title as french champion. Then in Champions league is many good teams this year, but we will fight to reach the final this year, last year we lost in semifinal.

7.      Can summarize us in a few words, your findings in the qualifyang round for the European Championships?
For us(sweden) is not so good because we were 2nd last europeans and now they changed system. And we didnt play so good until now, but i think and hope we can win our last games so we qualify for next year.

8.      What is your favorite player? 
I have to say Waldner and Persson.. Also Appelgren is a player i was watching much when i was young because is little bit the same style as mine.

9.      What does you re preparing for the 2016 Rio Olympics Games?
I already start to think about Rio, and you closer it gets i will start to prepare so i can be as good as i never been in 2016..

1 comment:

You have an opinion or a comment? Post it here.

1 comment:

You have an opinion or a comment? Post it here.